Jul 05, 2021
One of the benefits of incorporating fish in your diet or taking fish oil supplements is getting enough supply of omega 3 fatty acids in your body. The most common types of omega 3 fatty acids that our bodies need are eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Our bodies are not designed by nature to produce omega 3 fatty acids so we have to get them from external sources.
We can also get omega 3 fatty acids from plant sources such as flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, canola oil, and walnuts.
1. Supports healthy heart. Approximately 18 million lives are lost every year due to cardiovascular diseases, making it the number 1 cause of death globally. It has been found out through numerous studies and research that a diet rich in omega 3 fatty acids helps promote heart health. Omega 3 fish oil supplements help reduce the risk of developing heart diseases by stabilizing blood pressure levels, increasing the good cholesterol in the body (and this results to the lowering of the bad cholesterol), preventing plaque formation caused by the accumulation of bad cholesterol in the arteries (which triggers heart attack), and also preventing irregular heart rate.
2. Omega 3 fish oil supplements may help in treating certain mental disorders. The human brain is 60% made up of fat, most of which is omega 3 fatty acid. A good number of research shows that most people with mental disorders have less concentrations of omega 3 fatty acids in their brain. Omega 3 fish oil supplements have been associated to significantly reduce the risk of developing psychotic disorders in people who are considered high risk. High doses of omega 3 fish oil supplements are also found out to be effective in managing bipolar disorder symptoms.
3. Promotes weight loss. Obesity has been the unseen scourge and the most overlooked health issue that affects over 70 million adults in the United States, according to the CDC. A lot of people are not aware that obesity is a major risk factor for heart diseases and diabetes. This alone is sufficient enough to raise this health concern to an epidemic level. One way to effectively get rid of bad cholesterol in your bloodstream is to increase the good cholesterol in your body, and omega 3 fish oil supplements do exactly just that. In order to maximize the benefits you get from taking omega 3 fish oil supplements, it is highly-recommended that you minimize, if you can’t totally avoid, foods high in calories and added sugars. A regular exercise of at least 30-minutes a day and a diet high in fibers are still important and should not be set aside in favor of convenience.
4. Good for the eyes. One study involving participants diagnosed with age-related macular degeneration shows significant improvement after taking high concentrations of omega 3 fish oil supplements for 19 weeks. Omega 3 fish oil supplements may also help relieve dry eye symptoms by improving the meibomian glands found in your eyelids.
5. Reducing inflammation. Inflammation is the body’s initial response against bacterial or viral invasions. It is our body’s way of healing itself. Chronic inflammation is when there are sustained, progressive changes at the cellular level (where the battleground takes place), and is linked with serious illnesses such as diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular diseases among others. Omega 3 fish oil supplements have been found out to contain anti-inflammatory properties which may help reduce chronic inflammation. Omega 3 fish oil supplements have also been seen to significantly relieve joint pain and stiffness in people with rheumatoid arthritis. Omega 3 fish oil supplements may also reduce stress by regulating the production of cytokines, the type of proteins in our bodies that signal the immune system to fight inflammation and diseases. Over-production of cytokines is the result when the immune system mistakenly sees our own body as the enemy and attacks it!
6. Promotes healthy skin. Hydration is very important in order to maintain the health of our skin, and omega 3 fish oil supplements help by improving our skin’s ability to produce oil keeping it soft and supple.
7. Improves bone health. The risk of developing osteoporosis and osteoarthritis is increased significantly as we age. Aging causes our bodies to lose minerals (calcium, among others) that are necessary for strong bones, making us more vulnerable to falling and fractures. Omega 3 fish oil supplements have been linked with the reduction of markers of bone deterioration which helps prevent bone disease or bone loss.
If you would like to see our omega 3 fish oil solution, CLICK HERE.